- What is you healthy weight range?
- What are the nuts and Bolts of calories and metabolism?
- What are the healthiest foods to eat and the best exercises to lose weight?
If you think you need to lose weight, you are in good company. Studies indicate that 60% of American adults say they would like to lose 20 or more pounds. If you are overweight, it is to your advantage to shed the extra pounds, as maintaining a healthy weight range reduces the risks of diabetes, certain types of cancer, heart disease, gallstones, sleep apnea as well as various other conditions. To determine if you need to lose weight let’s consider two issues (we will discuss more later):
- Your healthy weight range.
- Your body shape.
feet, add 6 pounds. Your healthy weight range is 10% under and 10%
Body Shape: Another way to determine health is body type or where fat is disturbed on your body. It is more advantageous to have a pear shape than an apple shape. Stored fat in the midsection indicates greater health risk.
2. Measure your hips by wrapping the tape around the widest point.
3. Divide the waist measurement by the hip measurement to get the ratio.
you will gain weight if you consume more calories than you burn. Conversely, you will lose weight if you consume fewer calories than you burn.Most health and fitness professionals concur if the goal is weight lose; you must cut calories by approximately 500 per day.