Sunday, September 19, 2010
1. Get Yourself Moving.Add years to your life and life to your years with daily exercise. Find an activity you enjoy and stick with it. Grab a friend and take a walk. Try Zumba or Yoga. Just enjoy the ability to get up and dance, jump, shake and hop.
2. Lighten your load. In America today there are 76.9 million men and 68.1 million women ages 20 and older that are overweight or obese (BMI over 25.o kg/m2 and higher).If you have too much fat you are at risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol and diabetes.
3. Say Adios to Saturated Fats. Enjoy healthy fats from lean protein and fish or almonds, avocados and walnuts.
4. Don’t shake the salt. The majority of sodium in our diets comes from processed foods. Try reduced salts or no sodium added versions and when you are ready Nix the added sodium altogether.
5. Enjoy Fruits and Veggies – Today and everyday. Fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins, minerals and fiber and low in calories.
Tammi Jacobs, Health and Wellness Expert
Results Health and Fitness Center, Chandler, AZ